latest stable blender version
Hey! Ever had to use a piston in your art only to find out it can be quite a headache? If the answer is yes, PistonPusher may be of help!
This add-on can rig pistons in multiple ways, each with their pro's and con's. To help you out even more, it offers templates, a selection of parts and even pre-made pistons. But that's not all, it also offers tool for that finishing touch. Allowing you to make high quality art in as little time as possible. Depending on your experience you can expect to save at least 30 minutes, per piston (instance).
A list of the most important features:
- Quick Rigs. (Pistons, cable/hoses, cardan joints)
- Template and part system with part create utilities. For advanced piston designs.
- Custom mode for subd modelling/external sources. For advanced piston designs, it also has support for rotary actuators.
- HAPS - Hose Attachment Points, geometry nodes solution for quick cylindrical extrusions on curved surfaces using normal/data transfers.
- General piston utilities. Snap and align tools.
- Custom Snap selected to active.
- Set bone as parent tool.
- Set child-of tool.
- Copy booleans tool.
- Linked duplicate radial arrays.
- Specialized asset/collection management.
PistonPusher comes with 65 parts, 38 pistons(Some have been made by MX1001) and multiple example files.
- A set of pistons made by MX1001.
- A K-pack with 30+ nuts and bolts and most of pistons.
- The nuts and bolts decal pack
Pistons bought elsewhere:
You can load the custom mode and copy/append the piston and make it compatible, you may need to use additional empties and/or separate the mesh into at least 2 parts, the cylinder and the piston rod. (Use empties and designate those as mounts in this case.) If you need help, feel free to contact me!
There should be few to no limitations when it comes to other add-ons. I use quite a few myself. Like Hard Ops, Decal Machine, Kit Ops and more. The custom creation mode is very flexible!
- user feedback!
- general improvements.
For issues, questions or suggestions, contact me at: email@example.com or message me on blenderartist. Link to blenderartists forum post at top of page.
Operating system and/or requirements:
Pistonpusher only relies on python. Its a safe bet that it'll work on most modern operating systems. Add-on has been tested on linux. Developed on windows. MacOS is currently still untested.
All code falls under the GPL license. Any assets provided by PistonPusher, with the only exception being the free piston, fall under a standard-royalty-free license.
Pistonpusher, 30+ pistons, 65 parts, Pistonpusher k-pack, Nuts and bolts decal pack (60 decals - DecalMachine), Example files, MX1001 bonus content.